Thursday, September 20, 2007

News Habits

I usually get my news first thing in the morning on the radio while I'm driving to school. I read the school paper in between classes. I watch local news when I get home and, occasionally, I catch CNN, MSNBC or 60 minutes with my parents . I try to watch different stations to hear different views. I also check out the stories on yahoo for political news of celebrity gossip. I spend a great deal of my time reading, watching or listening to news because I like being informed. I think the news rarely shows any positive views of black people. We are often viewed as criminals. The Dallas Morning News just recently created a column aimed at the black upper middle class and elite ( a column my family and our friends can relate to). I was offended by the coverage of hurricane Katrina because black US citizens were called "refugees" even after some called to complain. I am really looking forward to this class.

No comments: